What we have been doing:
- Produce annual musicals in March and November that welcome every child that wishes to participate from the 14 Southern Counties of Illinois.
- Art Contests inviting all children in 14 Southern Ill counties through art programs at their schools and to Home Schooled children
- Sing at functions we are invited to (Christmas Caroling, Rent One Baseball games, Bank celebrations, Marion Main St. Functions, SIU Functions,... )
- Give annual Scholarships to HS students transitioning to College studying courses in the Arts; theater, music, opera, writing, art.
- Taken groups of 40 - 50 people on whirlwind trips to New York City to see all the sights and 3 Broadway Shows per trip!
- Host Golf Outings, typically in the Fall.
- Host Starlight Diner singers singing solos at private dinners at restaurants.
- Host Trivia Night (or sometimes it has been a party) during the time we are working on our Musical, typically in February.
- Host a week-long Summer Theater Workshop, taught by local professionals. This is held at the Marion Cultural and Civic Center.
- We have hosted a Stylart prom show, sold Calendars, sold delicious pork butts, had chicken and dumpling dinners, car washes... held many wonderful events to help support and sponsor our shows
- More of most of the above!
- We hope to grow our Artstarts House in many capacities
- A trip to Atlanta, GA in January each year to compete in MTI Theater Festival taking a group of performers from last Jr. show licensed.
- Where do you see us helping your child to thrive? Share your thoughts in the Contact Us comment box!