What do I bring to an Artstarts Registration / Audition day?
General Audition Info:
- Come prepared to sing and read from the script if you are interested in a speaking part or a featured singer part. You may bring a cd (that does not contain the vocals) to sing with or sheet music. We will have an accompanist.
- It is preferred not prepare a song from the show for which you are auditioning. It makes it easier for the Directors to imagine you in parts you may be best in, not just the one you are singing a song for. Sing a song that you are comfortable with that shows your strengths and your range.
- If you want to be in the ensemble only, you do not have to audition. You can register only. Everyone 5-18 on show days gets in the cast. If you are interested in being a featured dancer, there will be an additional audition for this at a later time.
- Registration fee is determined for each show.
- Bring a smile, lots of enthusiasm, and be prepared to do your best and have fun!
Newsies Specific Info:
- There is a mandatory Dance call for everyone called back for a lead roll, which will include a tap routine as well as a broadway style dance routine.
- There will be featured dancer auditions for anyone not called back for a lead role.
- Both of these dance auditions will be on Saturday before callbacks.
- Everyone should prepare 16 to 32 bars of a song
For more information, call Artstarts at 618 645-2787.
Newsies Cast Member Dance Intensive March 9, 2019:
Look for our guest choreographer in the Newsies Live movie!